Top Six Benefits of Sofa Steam Cleaning
Amidst the hustle and bustle of life, many people find it difficult to clean and refresh their home regularly. When the season of gatherings and parties come, they consider having their furniture and upholstery look optimally clean. If you also are one of them, you are on the right page as it reveals some top tips for perfect steam cleaning.
Your couch always needs special attention because it is the hub of the family, friends, and other guests. You have various options to sanitize and clean your used couch, but steam cleaning is the most preferable from all.
The use of steam cleaner not only removes the debris, stains, and pets’ odour from the upholstery of your couch but also kill the germs and microbes, which cause different types of allergies. Read, though, find out the benefits of sofa steam cleaning and tips to get fine results.
Best Steam Cleaner for Your Sofa
Steam cleaners are available in the markets in different sizes and shapes. The three most common types are canister steamers, steam mops, and handheld steamers. The first two types are suitable for cleaning tiles, carpet, and floor, while the handheld steamer is best for sofa steam cleaning. This steamer is easily manageable and helps you clean every cervix of your couch.
Tips for Perfect Sofa Steam Cleaning
To get most out of your sofa steam cleaning, follow these instructions below.
- Remove the visible dirt, dust, pets’ hair, and trash from the couch with the help of bristle brush before you start deep cleaning. Using a steamer to dust leads to cause damage to the upholstery.
- Pay some extra attention to headrest and armrests of the couch during the steam cleaning.
- Remove the cushions to clean the back of your sofa properly.
- Steam clean the surface of cushions from both sides to make your sofa looking brand new.
- If there are stubborn stains on your couch’s upholstery, treat them first using a natural cleaner i.e., baking powder. Dont forget to do a patch test on an invisible area if you want to use natural or commercial cleaning stuff.
- Once you have done sofa steam cleaning, give it the proper time to be dried.
Why Decide on Steam Cleaning of Couch?
There are hundreds of reasons, which make steam cleaning the right option to sanitize your couch. Some of them are listed below.
- Permanently Remove the Stains
In traditional methods, commercial cleaning solutions are used to tackle the stains. These solutions make the stains look fade, but they reappear after some time, while the steam cleaning technology removes the stains permanently to make your furniture spotless forever.
- Deep Cleans the Upholstery
In this method, hot water steam reaches to the deepest layer of the upholstery, giving it a new life.
- Saves Your Time
The common sanitizing techniques are quite difficult to perform and need at least a complete day that a working people cannot afford. Steam cleaning is the only way that gives your sitting area entirely new look in just an hour.
- Promotes Healthy Environment
A major advantage of steam cleaning is that it only needs heat and water, whereas other cleaning methods involve chemical-based solutions. These chemicals (such as ammonia or bleach) leave harmful effects on your environment.
- Kill Microbes
If not cleaned regularly, bacteria and moulds get absorbed into the fibers of upholstery and remain there until it is professionally deep cleaned. The steam cleaning process is done by the steam of boiling water, so it kills all the germs such as bacteria, microbe even pathogens. It also minimizes the risks of allergies such as running nose and cough etc.
- Makes Your Couch Smelling Fresh
If you have pets in your home, they add unpleasant odour to your furniture and upholstery, which usually lingers permanently. Steam cleaning is not only beneficial for removing such odour but makes your furniture smelling fresh.