If having flies buzzing around isn’t enough of a nuisance, you then have to deal with the yellow/brown spots they leave behind as well. Luckily, there is an easy way to clean away the stains that will also kill the bacteria that may be there as well.
You Will Need:
- White vinegar
- A bowl or spray bottle
- Paper towels
Steps to Remove the Spots:
- Combine equal amounts of white vinegar and water in a bowl or spray bottle.
- Wet a paper towel with the solution. If using a bowl, wring out the paper towel, so it’s not dripping. Test the solution on a small hidden area of the surface first if needed to be sure it is safe, such as for a painted wall.
- If safe, rub the paper towel over the surface.
- As the spots are removed, rotate the paper towel to a clean area to finish removing them.
- If the spots were on any area that will come into contact with your food, wash the area as usual after the spots have been removed to be sure all bacteria is killed or removed.
- If the vinegar mixture is not safe for your surface, try using some dish liquid and water instead.